Practice Health Champions
- Practice Health Champions are people who voluntarily give their time to work with the staff in their local GP Practice or surgery to find new ways to improve the services that the practice offers, and to help to meet the health needs of patients and the wider community.
- Practice Health Champions build upon the success of the Community Health Champion model. In addition to individuals using their life experience, understanding and position to influence their friends, families and work colleagues to lead healthier lives – Practice Champions also use their passion and understanding of the local community to enrich decision making in GP practices through the development of a greater understanding of local need; Champions develop new groups to support the health and wellbeing of the local community and also develop new skills and experiences which support their own personal development and growth.
- Practice Health Champions are supported to work with surgery staff as peers, to improve services and develop opportunities.
- The work of the Practice Champion varies, depending on their interests, experience, the needs of the practice and local community health priorities.
- Practice Health Champions are recruited and trained from the local community. Champions reflect the needs and aspirations of the community that the GP Practices serve.
For more information click here or call Altogether Better who we are working in partnership with on 01924 398 428. If you would like to apply you can download an application form Church Street application form May 2015.pdf
What's in it for you?!
It's an opportunity to gain new skills and experience, you can boost your confidence and meet new people. You can encourage others to lead a healthy lifestyle and really make a difference to other patients at Church Street Surgery.
There's an information session at Church Street Surgery between 10am and 11am on Tuesday 28th April 2015.
The workshops / training will take place on Wednesday the 13th May and 20th May 10 - 3pm.
Places are limited so please apply in advance by completing the application form above. Financial support is available towards the cost of childcare and lunch will be provided during the workshops.
You will need to be able to volunteer a few hours each week to work alongside our Practice.