This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Parental and Childcare Responsibility

According to the law, a mother automatically has parental responsibility for her child from birth, a father usually has parental responsibility if he is either married to the child's mother or listed on the birth certificate.  Please let us know if the father of your child has parental responsibility by completing the consent form at the bottom of this page.  This will enable us to provide the best possible care for your child at all times.  


If someone else will be caring for your child and may need to bring them to the surgery for treatment, e.g. a grandparent, nanny, step-parent, you may want to provide your consent that they can bring your child for treatment.  If consent does not exist, you will need to provide written consent, alternatively we will always attempt to contact someone with parental responsibility to provide consent.  Without consent from someone with parental responsibility we will not be able to treat your child.

Parental and Childcare Responsibility Consent Form

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website